Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life is a Mix Tape: Happiness in Musical Form

When the gods decided to give happiness a tangible form, they made it a JBC.

When they decided to give happiness a musical form, they made it Noah & the Whale's "5 Years Time."

Young Apollo and I were watching TV and a CAR comercial came on, A CAR COMMERICAL in this day and age! This normally forces me to roll my eyes, especially when they claim the latest SUV model miraculously reduces carbon emissions, saves POLAR BEARS, and makes trees sprout in desertified regions.

But these clever marketers used the happiest song since "Popcorn Popping," and I was duped into buying the newest "eco-friendly" SUV.


although maybe all these moments are just in my head
i’ll be thinking ‘bout them as i’m lying in bed
and all that i believe, it might not become true
but in my mind i’m havin’ a pretty good time with you

in five years time i might not know you
in five years time we might not speak
in five years time we might not get along
in five years time you might just prove me wrong

oh there’ll be love love love
wherever you go
there’ll be love

1 comment:

butchie said...

those short shorts are sunshine to me!