Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nesting: Home Sweet Home

Mandrew went home for Easter this last week, which meant I had a lot of time to myself. I mostly did a lot of cleaning. Our apartment starts clean, gets progressively more and more cluttered, until I can't take it anymore and have to clean it or I WILL JUMP OFF THE BALCONY TO ESCAPE THE DIRTY DISHES! THE DIRTY FLOORS! THE DIRTY LAUNDRY! THE DIRT!!!

I am becoming my mother. The woman that grounded me when I would say, "Come on, Mom! My room doesn't smell THAT bad."

The apartment really feels like home now, and I've been wanting to put up some kind of "Home Sweet Home," or "Home is Where Your Heart Is" decoration to punctuate the sentiment. But since I can't needlepoint, I made the following:
Now I just need to find the right frame.

Update: 8 x 10, Kinko's color toner on watercolor paper (hat tip: Rebecca)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's so cute!!

Did you paint it? I want one of the little artist descriptions "Laser ink on paper" or "Acryclic on Gingham."

Patricia said...

marc! that is adorable! i love it!

Unknown said...

um. cutest ever! how did you make that??

david. said...

pretty adorable.
:)