Monday, December 8, 2008

Life is a Mix Tape: More Cowbell - The Christmas Kind

I'm not gonna stand here and lie to you...


(Pedro the Lion - I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day)

I've been listening to Christmas music since July. And yes, I'm a little ashamed, but at least I waited until December to put up the Christmas tree - the office Christmas tree.


(Sufjan Stevens - Put the Lights on the Tree)

Yup, a big fat douglas fir the size of the financial bailout (FINE! the auto bailout). And since my office works on agricultural issues, I hung our potato, carrot and pistachio ornaments all over it. It looks like the Farm Bill vomited on a national park.

And it's beautiful,
The most beautiful I've ever seen.

2 comments:

brenda barrett-taylor said...

i'm so glad you admitted to listening to christmas music so early. at least i'm not the only one. it's only been since october, but really that's still jumping the gun by two holidays. you better take a picture of that agricultural vomit tree by the way.

Brooke S. said...

I have more Christmas spirit after reading this post than...well, than ever before. That's what.