Friday, December 19, 2008

Pioneer Craft Hour: Blackbird, Fly

(Photo: phobus)

Mandrew gifted me the most amazing camera for my collection, the Blackbird, Fly, a plastic Japanese toy camera that arrived in the States in late November. We read about it separately in the metro paper. He decided it would make a good Christmas present. I decided I needed it immediately, or I would die.

We were in NY that November weekend, and we stopped by the International Center of Photography which was selling them. Mandrew purchased the Blackbird, Fly and handed me the bag. The MOMENT I touched it, I burst into a thousand pieces of childhood excitement.

As expected, I spend the entire weekend looking out the view finder of this sweet piece of plastic magnificence. I have no photos developed yet, but I'm taking the camera along for our Christmas trip. Whoo!

This is what Blackbird Frequent Flyers have done so far [cue drooling]:

(Photos: phobus, d!zzy and AndyWilson)

2 comments:

lia said...

that's just sick.

(i'm so jealous.)

(and when i touch you (in just a few days time), i am going to burst into a thousand pieces of childhood excitement.)

Thelma said...

I love it!

(Glad to hear that the duo of Marc and Andrew is doing well...)