Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pioneer Craft Hour: Redscale Film



If I wasn't lazy, I would just make it myself, but Urban Outfitters sells redscale film which is just too convenient. I bought a pack before Mandrew and I headed to Chicago, and it was worth all seventeen sacajaweas.

We stayed with a few friends in Wicker Park, which is a lot like walking into a ReadyMade magazine. All the kids are hip, artsy and eco-friendly. When we got off the elevated train, I had two thoughts. First, "I'm gonna take photos of EVERY SINGLE PERSON we pass", and second, "where are all the adults?"

On Monday while our friends were working their day jobs, Mandrew and I headed out to see Chicago's art district. We had quite the time walking there in a foot of snow, in the bitter cold
(Note: Boat shoes--deceiving as they may be--are not snow appropriate).

Although EVERY single gallery was closed and the trip was incredibly disappointing (Monday, I HATE you), we did cross a bright red bridge which was worth photographing (more here) .

1 comment:

emily said...

Love that vermillion glow. Beyond beautiful.

Been following your blog for a little while and just wanted to let you know that I think it's marvelous. That's all.