Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Underage: Below the Poverty Level

What a naive 3rd grader I was. While my peers were talking about becoming freelance grant writers, community outreach coordinators and part-time office managers, I was dreaming about becoming a sea studyer, farm owner and the goodest person EVER.

What little me didn't realize at the time is that there's little funding for sea studyers in times of recession. Farms are your worst enemies if you suffer from hay fever. And you can't finance a single 20-something lifestyle on the below-minimum wage they're paying good persons (only in select cities).

And that is why I am becoming a pickpocket. I hear applications are in high demand in the weeks before inauguration.

When I grow up I want to
make a living by being a good
person and being a
peron who is a Sea studyer.
I want to own a farm

No comments: