Thursday, February 12, 2009

This I Believe: Making Friends at the Office

Meet Stanton the Office Cat. A co-worker found him in the park across from the office when he was a kitten. He’s been at The Firm for ten years. The first day we met he was anything but standoffish. He followed me around the office, making sure I felt at home.

Unfortunately things deteriorated quickly thereafter. When I petted his spit-shined coat, I promptly rubbed my fingers in my eyes. Every five-year-old with allergies knows you wash your hands after touching an animal you’re allergic to, but in a rush to make new friends, I forgot my allergy-smarts.

The rest of the day was spent sneezing and fumbling blindly around the office in search of eye drops. Stanton got the message that I was more of a dog person and started ignoring me around the copy machine.

He’s taken our relationship to the next level by scratching his cat-parts all over my keyboard and puking hairballs under my desk. Sometimes if he’s feeling especially cooperative, he’ll poop in my office, rather than his litter box.

I’m returning the favor by forcing him to watch Live Puppy Cam and making Lolcats out of his pictures.

Hey STANTON! SUCK IT!

3 comments:

STEVEN said...

This is the best blog post ever. Two of my favorite things: LOLCATs and Stanton. That cat never really liked me neither. I think he knew I didn't like him. Remember how I use to send you hundreds of links to LOLCATs and you would yell and tell me to stop and now you are MAKING THEM? Hmmm.

Rebecca said...

This cat really lives at your office and does all these horrible things?

pandabeard said...

Yup. And it's horrible/ ridiculously funny.